Dodge SRT Forum banner

Chief track times

14K views 275 replies 28 participants last post by  Chief 
#1 ·
This is with AGPs new 6162 DBB turbo on 22psi and E85, STreet tunned by me only 22 degrees timing, and low 12 afrs

Had some issues first 2-3 passes, my 6 puck HD act was slipping BAD real bad wot shifting into 2nd. So let it cool for a good 15-20 mins (50 degree night) went back out, and all of a sudden shes grabbin now, and blowing off the tires instead. SOO im VERY confused to what happened there? The clutch has been street driven with street tires since the disc went in, brand new 6 pucka bout 4-5k miles ago and all street driving. First time clutch has seen sticky Drs on a half ass preped track. SOO think my clutch was glazed over or something? just needed some stress put on her? Cause rest of the night seem to be grabbin just fine, I thought i was gonna need to put a ED plate and a new 6 puck in. :buah: anyways, Did OK i guess, 1-2 is a joke, 12psi in mandh Drs COLD night, kinda shitty prep, This is on 22 creepin to 23 in upper rpms with agps 6162 turbo pullin nice, but again kinda concerned about the clutch wanted to get some thought on that.

12.2 @ 119

with a 2.1 60ft :rofl: YYeaaaaa I also did a 12.2 at 118 with a 2.0 60
Highest trap tonight was 120 with ugly Et and 60ft lol

This is at 4000ft, NHRA corrected at sea, should put me at 11.6 at 125
Need slicks, but whats this clutch gonna do? OR do u guys think it just needed some stress put to her tonight to get some grip. Again i had zero issues rest of night, wot shifting rest of night, no slipping as i could feel.

BTW first time at track EVERR! i was shaking like a LEAF my first pass lol

so there ya go hunter finally a TRACK run lol gonna do few more Drs and low boost runs, just to get experence and seat time, gonna need slicks 4SHO, and figure out if this clutch is gonna be alright or not. :eeeek:

srt 4 1/4 agp 6162 - YouTube

See less See more
#168 ·
thats a big turbo... 125mph SHOULD BE EASY on that thing elevation or not. Im sure others have experience running big turbo at high elevations... hopefully they will join the thread.

#179 ·
In the Video you post you can CLEARLY see 6, yes SIX tree's in the background, given the high oxygen output of those trees I believe you should actually deduct .2 from your time since you have an unfair advantage from those SIX trees in close proximity to the track. NHRA calculators only account for a maximum of three (3) trees within 200 feet of the track.

#180 ·
Furthermore the AQI in El Paso Texas is 2 entire points LOWER then the national average.

El Paso's Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 30.3 that gives you a unfair advantage over everyone elase and you should adjust your time as such...

#181 ·
Chief you are on a completely stock head correct on a precision 6262? Pretty sure our setups are similar I have a 6262 on a built bottom end with a stock head minus upgraded valve springs. Gonna see what I can get out of it at the track as soon as I get these fuel issues straightened out. You're running 25psi on e85 right?

#185 ·
Funny you brought that up.. I read his WHOLE thread (29pages i think) on his fake knock. I actually replied to that thread and I THINK he still has it disabled.

#188 ·
I think it's pretty telling to notice that he went to the track on 22 psi and trapped 119-120 and then went back on 25 psi and trapped 119-120. That's a flag IMO...elevation aside the car didn't seem to notice 3 lbs of boost at all on a built motor + e85 and a huge ass turbo. It's why I'm asking about the tune/knock sensor situation

#189 ·
naw I'll give 2-3mph to the 23" slicks. Also spinning will kick up your MPH some so considering he probably cut some spinning out with the 23's he has 2 things droping his MPH. 1) less spinning and 2) smaller tire.

I would go as far as to say his MPH from those droped 4-5 and the added power picked him back up 1-2.

#190 ·
Odd my car picked up mph when i hooked more... My best mph was with my best 60 foot.

24.5 killed some of my mph as well.. but it could of also been my tune (had none).

#191 ·
You picked up the MPH from something else.

Think about it, more you spin, quicker you get into 4th (but slower down the track). 4th is your true HP gear so the longer you are in 4th the more HP put down to the track.

#192 ·
All I did was hookup my slicks and off to the staging lanes I went.

I went from 121 on radials to 125 on slicks

Sent from my mega iPhone 4

#196 ·
Well you explain it then, I offered justification to it that has backing more so then "it just happened". Obviously if you and your car are not consistant from 1 run to another (likely the reason) within 1 MPH then this discussion is mute as it is.

#198 ·
I would think it all comes down to the overall wheel size. Yes? No?

Just like using the +1 +2 fitment guideline for fitting bigger wheels.

That ensures your overall WHEEL DIAMETER is close to factory.

Regardless, Chief as left the building.

#200 ·
im just to the point of not givin a fuck anymore, eric and me both agreed, dont give to fucs what people think, i went 11.6 on a car that has never seen a shop, a dyno, and was home built and tuned... yet i get shit anyways. Just tired of it. This motor was apparently going to blow years ago, and seems to be just fine... comp test over 160 on all 4, still strong.

Yet i have a horriable slow car and build?

Eric is right.......
Just tired of the hate on a neon forum.

thanks to you all that actaully give credit where its due. apprechaite it.

ill be on 24.5s some day, but i guess ill just keep the slips and vids to my self since all i get is a bunch of hate on a damn neon forum

#201 ·
Don't stress chief it's only a forum :)

How much timing u running on that bad boy.

U think ur delta 60 was faster?

Sent from my mega iPhone 4

#203 ·
delta spooled hella fast, but this turbo as much more top end pullin power.

pump tune only like 12 with little water injection, corn tune around 22-23, (nigels base timing ign tables) Im sure i could bump more timing, but not worth it to me. car runs great, pulls like a mad house, 21-22 daily is a lot of fun, still blows 3rd off pretty easy on only 22 pounds. have afrs dialed in right around 11.8-12.2 depending on outside temp. most the time 12.0 on the money.

#204 ·
i was shitin on you hunter, just the haters.

I had a long talk with a well known forum member, he said he almost garnetees ill go faster on 24.5s not only will i get out the hole faster, but it will give my 4th gear a longer (final drive) and she will pull alot harder since i have the power to pull it.

I agaree with him, make sence. No different than changing rears in Ta maros and stangs.

Got to sell the Drs and slicks, get some STREET tires first, than ill be lookin for 24s. Waiting for track to warm up to, and SINCE the neon is running and nothing broke, i just want to injoy a nice powerfull street car for once, and not have the thing tore apart in my parking space anymore :rofl: plus i made srt of da month :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.