Dodge SRT Forum banner

Washer Pump

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  blackbird_R/T 
#1 ·
Anyone know what fuse the washer pump uses? I can only assume that it uses the same fuse as the wiper motors but the service manual doesn't specify a fuse for the washer pump.

#3 ·
Chrysler ran the current for the wiper motor and the washer pump through the multi-function switch and didn't use any relays or body computer to control their fucntion. Both are powered off fuse #2 (20 amp) in the underhood power distribution center that receives power when ignition switch is on. The service manual does show they both use different grounds, with the washer pump using G103 which should a the ground wire on the top of the upper radiator core support near the passenger side headlamp assembly.

#4 ·
Thanks!

Guess it's not the fuse then as the wipers are working. I did at least manage to find that ground in the service manual. I'm going to pull it in and check the connection tomorrow. But I'm guessing I'll be getting a new pump.

I looked up the pump and it's $101 over at Mopar Parts. Then I checked a dealer I use a lot and it's only $27. I assume the pump is the same across models?

#5 ·
my girl works at a dealer and gets discounts from all dealers and asked to find prices. Their was a "universal" one that was around that price and the stock one was like 80 bucks with her discount. Im not sure which one they were telling you about but it could be that. i need to replace it myself also.

#6 ·
The SRT-4 uses a different reservoir but the parts catalog shows the pump is the same as the regular Neon trim levels. Part number 5103452AA and looks like current list price is around $101 so with a discount is probably in the $70-80 range depending on where you buy it. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a less expensive generic alternative that can be fitted in place of an exact fit, OEM style pump. I don't know what the differences (if any) there are.

#9 ·
The OEM direct-fit part number seems to be pretty common on a lot of Chrysler products in the early to mid 2000s. If you test and find it is getting power but not working you could always try removing and reverse flushing the pump to clean it out and if that doesn't work try a local self-serve salvage yard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.