Dodge SRT Forum banner

XXR 527 new rim for 2011

592K views 1K replies 233 participants last post by  2K3PL24 
#1 ·

Hopefully these come in the right hub bore. They look really good. I just wish there was more info about them.

I was looking for 17x9's but I might settle for these when they come out.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Exactly my thoughts. I found some ROTA Grid's in 17x9 but they don't have the color I want. I will just hold out and get these with a 245/40 tire. Should look nice.

They look nice on this EVO

#6 ·
That's 17x 8 1/4 just so you know. The site I looked at didn't show any 5x100 pattern for the 8 1/4 either so if they really do make it in a 5x100 maybe theres a chance the 9 3/4 wheel is available in 5x100 also.

Edit:

Bingo.
http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-527-Wheels-17x9-75-Chromium-Black-p/52779542n.htm

I'd definitely call and verify the bolt pattern before ordering any since two sites show completely different patterns.

#7 ·
Well I will have some time as these won't be for sell for a couple of months. Hopefully they make a set that fit and I can get them on before I leave Germany and head back home to Texas.

#10 ·
and your point being....

you CAN run the wide tire.

you CAN run a lot of camber.

If you ran the 35mm offset you can't run as much camber.
If you ran a skinnier wheel you can't use the wide tire.
If you ran the wider wheel you look stupid and have clearance problems.

#11 ·
What are you talking about? Why does he need to run camber? The wheel should be pretty flush with the fender as is. Not sticking an inch or more out requiring camber to bring them back in. He said he wants to run a 245 tire so either he doesn't understand what it takes to get a flush stance or he isn't going for that at all which would mean he won't have the car really low and will not in anyway need any camber. I never said he couldn't run a wide tire. If he wanted he could shove 265s on that wheel. Again, why would he want to run a lot of camber? It won't be needed. We're talking about an 8 1/4" wide wheel here.

#12 ·
I said 245 cause it was in the wheel/tire tech thread as being able to fit. I could easily just get a 235 tire if it will fit better. I am just looking for better traction on these twisty ass roads. The area I live at is an actual stage event for part of the ADAC WRC Championship every year. Hella Fun.

#13 ·
No, the 245 will fit fine. As I said, you could fit a 265 on them if you wanted. All I was saying is if you're interested in running a 245 then you must not care about having the car really low or are wanting to do this wheel for a "flush" look since doing that correctly requires stretching a tire on the rim to allow the right fender clearance in order to get low.

#19 ·
I am getting out of the Army here in 3 months and moving back to Texas, so I am going to wait to get these when I get there. Hopefully the shipping charge will be a lot less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.