Dodge SRT Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Questions for the next session

75K views 373 replies 176 participants last post by  igotboost05 
#1 ·
I thought i would post a thread for us to ask questions and see if we can answer each others questions just so only the questions that have yet to be answered get asked.

My question:
Why do our cars gurggle like they do. To my understanding the only thing to make that constant noise would be valve overlay. Isnt that not good for cars? Im not askingabout the back fires i understand that concept just checking up on the whole gurgling situation.

#2 ·
I got a question im sure someone knows.. How much power can the mopar performance clutch hold???can it keep up with stage 3r...

#6 · (Edited)
my question would be this, "who is the tard that came up with the intergrated manifold turbo design?"

and also i like to let them know that the stock turbo manifold sucks. it's so horrible that they a 1000 death's. turbo choice was good.. manifold choice. no good.

also like to know the reason for choosing that design. rather then using an already mass produce Turbine Housing we often see in tdo4-15G turbo. (such as the 3000 GT and Stealth) Was making a log manifold too hard for you mopar guys???

#7 ·
I would like to know about sustained EGT's with S3r in HOM and not in HOM. I travel at 120mph+ for sustained time periods up to an hour. Knowing that HOM advances timing EGT's must also be raised significantly. Are sustained speeds like this going to melt valves?

#8 ·
PT cruiser

will you be coming out with more perfomance products for the pt cruiser gt, such as beefed up auto tranny, stag2, stage 3 etc....

thanks

#10 ·
Is there any talk for a factory brake upgrade kit? For thoes of us that want the better brake feel and better long term stopping power. not saying the factory ones arent bad but for those of us that have your coilovers are now going faster at the racing tracks might want some better brakes, and would like to stick with factory parts.
thanks

#11 ·
Well, my question is regarding the recommended motor oil for the SRT4. I live in Royal Oak, MI (20 min south of DCTC in Auburn Hills). The manual recommends 5W30 year-round for our climate. What would be the pros/cons to using 0W40 oil? What are the considerations when using it (if any)? I usually allow 3 min of warm-up time. Mobil 1 recommends it for all turbocharged cars.

There is a european theory that this car was developed around 0W40 but most people in North America don't understand what a 'warm up' process is. They just slam the car into gear and mash the gas before it's even started! Thus, why most cars in NA have 5W30 or 10W30 recommended. (Crossfire uses 0W40, but is mfg'd in Europe)

BTW, 0W40 did get rid of my hard-starting issues.

I would jsut like the mfg'r to clear this up, because it's such a unique vehicle to the DCX product offering. THANKS!

#12 ·
I was wondering if you guys might address the claim about 4 people on this board have made about hydrolocking the engine in small puddles (few inches deep, not feet or anything) while stock. I have to admit I get a little worried when I hear that more than one person has done it stock. So, is this possible or are they lying? and if it can happen as easily as they claim can you please make and release a solution for the few of us stock SRT-4 drivers left.

#13 · (Edited)
Since i was a little late to ask my question the last time, I am reposting this:

Quite a few members reported some water infiltration on the passenger side of the SRT-4 when it's raining heavily (while the car is parked).
The water appears to be coming from the back of the glove compartment. Where can the water be coming from? Any vents or other openings that might cause this? Any reports to DC that there is a trend with leaks on the passenger side?

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199637
and
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185523&page=1&pp=15

#16 · (Edited)
I was wondering if the SRT Engineers had any data on the ACR that they could share such as CdA, Skidpad G's, Lateral & Longitudinal roll and pitch at 1G, Curb Weight, Acceleration & Braking numbers. The "butt dyno" says it's very good. Also, what was the selection process for the ACR Package components. I KNOW that they didn't just guess at the numbers... :lol:

#21 ·
CT_SRT said:
I got a question im sure someone knows.. How much power can the mopar performance clutch hold???can it keep up with stage 3r...

Topic was disscussed in the other thread. Answer is YES it does.

They had several thousand miles on their s3 car and no problems.

#23 · (Edited)
Blade8r said:
my question would be this, "who is the tard that came up with the intergrated manifold turbo design?"

and also i like to let them know that the stock turbo manifold sucks. it's so horrible that they a 1000 death's. turbo choice was good.. manifold choice. no good.

also like to know the reason for choosing that design. rather then using an already mass produce Turbine Housing we often see in tdo4-15G turbo. (such as the 3000 GT and Stealth) Was making a log manifold too hard for you mopar guys???

This i would like to know also.

But starting your question off saying they are "tards" is a complete insult to them, and shows no respect for what they did to the little Neon. Then you proceed to make your self look like an ass by not writting complete sentences.

#24 · (Edited)
b4tn said:
I would like to know about sustained EGT's with S3r in HOM and not in HOM. I travel at 120mph+ for sustained time periods up to an hour. Knowing that HOM advances timing EGT's must also be raised significantly. Are sustained speeds like this going to melt valves?
They never had any problems with their s3 rally cars that i can think of. From what i have read s3 is still rich on HOM, thus helping with your EGT's.

BUT, where in the hell do you travel 120+ for and hour!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.