Dodge SRT Forum banner

Car has power, but Dash info doesn't show and car won't start in cold weather-- help?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  benz-srt4 
#1 ·
Anyone have any idea why my car won't start given this scenario??:

I Took a 2 day, 1200 mile trip to ohio from Florida, car ran fine the whole trip. I've had a P0420 code since i took out my cat (code has been on for about 4 months). Only mods are an AGP wastegate, walhboro 255, and boosting to 17.5/15.5. yes, i use a turbo timer everytime, set for 3 min's. After i parked it for the night in ohio, it snowed. Ever since then, when i turn the key to start the car, one of 3 scenarios will happen and it doesn't start. (Understand that all accesories in the car work: power windows, radio,lights,etc. . Also, when opening the door, the tripometer displays fine):

1. when turning the key, the dash will light up normally, the fuel pump will cycle, and then when i turn the key, nothing happens. no bad starter click, nothing.
2. when turning the key, the dash will be dark- no lights on at all- even the tripometer is blank. and when i turn the key, it may or may not make an electrical click sound.
3. when i turn the key, the display flashes 'done' as if i've just finished pulling it's codes.

Sometimes, it will start, but very rarely. over 7 days and literally 200 turns of the key, it's started up maybe 5 times. when i pushed it into a heated garage, after 2 days at 60, it started normally.

My gas tank has been more than 3/4 full (so no water/gas line issues)
I replaced the battery last week thinking it was a low battery (675 CCA)-- . no difference in the problem..
I have used a third, much more powerful battery, with no difference (thinking the new battery might be bad).
I've removed the battery cable for over 12 hours, hoping it's an errant electrical thing, but no difference.

Any ideas what this is?

Any ideas on how to get my car running so i can get back to FLORIDA???

Thanks in advance!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
ok, here's something else i've experienced on this issue:

If the scenario occurs where
the dash lights up and the fuel pump cycles, and then when you turn the key to start, the dash goes blank,
sometimes, it will do this several times in a row. When this occurs, the car is likely to start after going through this scenario 3-8 times (turn the key,dash lights up, fuel pump cycles, turn key to start car and the dash goes blank) .

So, why is it more likely to start after the fuel pump runs several times?

#3 ·
Hey guys. i need help on this badly..

Anybody have ANY ideas?? I'm stuck in Ohio till i figure this out..and i need to get back south asap (this next cold snap includes snow for many days, which obviously, my kumho excsta SPT tires won't like.)

Any help is appreciated! any ideas on something i could try?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.