Dodge SRT Forum banner

Orlando & neighbors thread

350K views 6K replies 381 participants last post by  friend088 
#1 ·
Just bought srt-4 trying to meet with local orlando people........

#28 ·
Viper Jr. said:
maybe a stupid question but ill go out on a limb here...if the srt4 ECU is flashable what is the need to upgrade to diff stage ECUs?
Flight systems is the only one w/ access to the software.

#29 ·
come to titusville, to brevard chrysler dodge and see Ernie. got mine done for 35

#30 ·
i work in north tampa at ferman chrysler and i will do it for like $20. just pm me if interested. to answer your other question the software doesn't get changed when it's flashed with your vin. it is only updating the vin and putting your skim information in to run the car.

#34 ·
srtsmacknu said:
The the only change you can make with the DRBIII is a VIN change, program the Sentry key Imobilizer, or a flash that Chrysler has sent over Dealer Connect.
IF you make it out to Brandon FL about 1 1/2 hours away. I will do it for 8,000,000 and then ill come out on wed nights....
PM me if you are interested
hehehe

yeah just take it out to ernie in brandon his knows his stuff....thanx for the fuel rail buddy.....

#35 ·
**update**
after leaving my car at my dealer for 2 days they call and say they CANNOT reflash my stage 1 ECU . Cause there already has a SKIM code on this ecu.. WTF i say.. thats crap.. So now I have to send it to flight systems. I talked to a DCX engineer today and he says NO they cannot flash over a used ECU... ? So who is right?
I already shipped off my ECU to flight but I am still pissed...and they also scratched up my lower front bumper really bad too. :flame: Not a good day 4 me..

I hope this just comes back next week to me good and ready to install. I need to get to the track and test some new toys out.

#36 ·
we are correct. you can flash a computer with a different skim and vin as we have stated. chrysler and chrysler dealerships aren't allowed to do it per diamler chryler. if you know what you are doing it is very easy to do. i have done about a half a dozen for the local srt-4 guys and you can ask NEONDAN because he has watched me do many.

#38 ·
I had the exact same problem with the dealer when I got mine used. I went to Greenway, Holler, and Orlando Dodge. All three said it couldn't be done. Finally, I went back to greenway with the instructions and said i'd install it myself if they'd only reflash it. They said that if it didn't work then it'd be rendered useless to me. Well I told them that it was useless right now sitting in my trunk.
To make it short, I installed it at the dealership and they reflashed it. When it worked, the guy said that someone must've gone into the PCM and rewrote something for that to happen.

Just goes to show how dealerships are full of idiots.

#40 ·
bballin410s said:
how often do u guys meet up? im starting summer B term at ucf on 6-27-05 n need sum locals to roll with lol lemme know...all you guys go 2 ucf too?
i meet a few of this guys yesterday and na i dont think they go 2 college lol im still in hs but we weet up at best buy off 50 on thursday was pretty cool had like 11 12 srt4 show up

#44 ·
RDfishFL said:
I'm off University between Dean and Rouse. Black SRT with black rims and tint. Thursday night was alot of fun, we need to start doing that every thursday. Anything going down tonight (6/10)?
um its 6/11 today lol but anything goin down 2 night let me no

#51 ·
BeatingYou03 said:
LOL that was him.... i was there too. There were a lot of SRT's out last night. Did anyone get caught by the cop?
Which SRT was yours?

I was the black stock (obviously) one that was rollin' with ya .....

EDIT: I'm guessin' you're the one with the SXT spoiler that stayed behind when me and the other two rolled out cause I ain't see no cop .... :tongue:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.